Christadelphians - (brothers and sisters in Christ) became known by this name over 125 years ago, but their aim is to live by faith in Christ Jesus, according to the teaching of his followers from the first century AD, finding their instruction in a wholly inspired Bible.
They believe that those who follow Jesus and his apostles now, looking to him for strength and forgiveness from God, may confidently place their hope in his return to the earth, when he will bring eternal life to his people and establish in power the long promised Kingdom of God.
Fundamentally we believe in letting the Bible speak for itself. This way of approaching the scriptures has lead us to a distinct set of beliefs that tends to see us stand apart from mainstream Christianity. Although we have a huge respect for anyone trying to worship the Lord God we, in most cases, chose to worship seperately from the churches around us. We do however support mainstream charities and events that are run to alleviate the suffering of others.
Brief rundown of our main doctrines
- That God is all-powerful, all-knowing and the creator of the universe
- That Jesus Christ is his son, whose death brought about the means to the fulfilment of God's purpose on earth.
- That Jesus will return to the earth to establish a kingdom of perfection for his Father, of which we can be members.
- That man is inherently sinful and in need of salvation from God.
- That human nature, therefore, works against God's will and so we can only be saved by God's grace and forgiveness.
- That when Jesus returns to the earth, all those who are responsible will be raised from the dead to be judged as worthy or not of a place in God's kingdom on earth.
- That we should watch carefully the things that are happening in the world, so that Jesus' return does not take us by surprise.
- That believers should live a morally upstanding life before God, standing apart from the lax values of modern society.
- That no-one else has authority - only God through the pages of his word, which, now being completed, is his source of revelation to mankind.
- That God's Holy Spirit controls and sustains everything.
- That man has free will to choose whether to pursue God's offers of salvation or not.
- That the nation of Israel is still very important in God's plan for the earth.
Obviously, this is a very condensed version of our beliefs. Please contact us because we love to discuss the true beauty and the amazing message of hope behind the list above.Contact Us
Have you heard the Good news?
Here's just a taster of the sort of thing we talk about
God is quite literally about to set up His Kingdom right here on this earth! No one, not even Jesus, Gods own son, knows when God will send him back to the earth, so it could be any minute now! 2nd Peter 3 v 10
When Jesus returns, he will set the whole world in order. Poverty, disease, racism, corruption and sadness will end; even death itself will be destroyed and everyone and everything will exist in peace forever.
“The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together and the lion will eat straw like the ox, the infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper’s nest. They will neither hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain...” Isaiah 11 v 6-9
“He [God] will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21 v 4
The Bible tells us that people in the Kingdom will be immortal and ageless; a person of 100 years old will be considered just a child! This restored earth (the Kingdom) will be ruled in justice and righteousness from Jerusalem by Jesus and the whole earth will be filled with Gods glory. And the best part of this Good News...? YOU can be a part of it!